Celebrating My Happy Days – You know… There are days when it is just so easy for me to focus on the negatives – I’ll admit this is one of my constant battles. On days like those, it seems to me that from the moment I open my eyes the “busyness” of the day just takes over… I grump because my coffee’s cold because Daisy has thrown her cereal all over the floor; Bumble-bee is screaming because she didn’t get to kiss her father 10x before he left for work; HULK is running around jumping off every piece of furniture that’ll hold his weight (and even some that won’t); and my dear SIR -bless him – is the only one quietly playing with his toys (just like me, it appears, he’s trying to avoid the noise and chaos swirling all around him).
These last few weeks have been hectic for my family, and we’ve all had our reserves of patience stretched fairly thin. So today I thought I would turn my grumping around and think of all the things that were good.
My Happy Days
- We’ve been blessed with rain these last 2 days, so we grabbed our Gumboots and the kids enjoyed riding their bikes in the rain and jumping in a few puddles. It was so much fun watching them laugh and shriek with joy! Not to mention how desperately our garden needed the rain!
- My Daisy is learning so many new words… Earlier today Bumble-bee bumped her nose and it bled, Daisy piped up: “Bum, you ok? You bleeding!” (cue the wince, and crinkling nose, with eyes, shut tight as if she shared her sister’s pain)… It’s always amazing to hear those new words. She is growing up way too fast!
- SIR himself has been reading so beautifully… He practices every day and is working really hard to keep improving. He’s also writing very neatly. Needless to say, he is SO excited for First Grade. He really is such a diligent little man!
- Bumble-bee was quite pleased that they could skip a nap this week and watch a movie instead… Her words: “Mommy, you’re AWESOME.” It’s amazing how little pleasures just make their whole day more perfect, oh if only we adults would learn from them. She is a real little sweetheart.
- HULK has been spending every day practicing to write his name and recognize numbers to get ready for Kindergarten. He has the biggest grin on his face when he does it correctly. He is such a carefree chap, and I know he would rather be catching frogs than sitting at the table doing writing exercises, so I am just brim-full of pride. :)
- I know this might seem a small thing, but having my husband come home and help me pack away the laundry is a HUGE help… OK, OK, he packs it away while I watch. But it is a beautiful sight (he’s the hottest laundry man there ever was!). I’m so thankful for his help around the house. And he never moans about it.
- Having a Skype chat with my mom and getting to laugh about the mundane, puts it all into perspective.
- Looking for Daisy, only to find her sitting on the toilet, fully clothed… I know these last milestones are going to fly by. I just want to slow it all down.
- Watching the kids get their “dance” moves going on the spur of the moment, thinking if only life were so simple (perhaps it is, and we just don’t realize it).
- Chatting to a special friend who is now cancer-free… I have no words. The emotions that run through me. Just incredibly humbled and thankful!
Realizing that every now and then, it’s good to just step back and be thankful for the little things, because one day, they will end up being the big things! Celebrating My happy days.
I agree some days we get lost in the busy and grumpy parts of life. Your list is just what we need to step back and appreciate the special moments before they flit away! The little milestones mean so much in our mom lives, don’t they? I’m glad to see you put some focus on the good things even when life is chaotic! This is a great post. :D
Thank you! Kind of you to say! Thanks for reading and commenting! x
I loved reading this post. It is so easy to get lost in the never ending circle of everyday life, but sometimes I just stop, look at my children and think you are never going to be this age again. This day will just be a memory and that is when I feel the need to reflect and take in the magic of my children. xxx
Amen to that Charlotte! You are absolutely right! Thanks for reading and commenting! xx
God reading the beginning of your post it just dawned on me how often I think negatively, even over small things. I will try and take a leaf out of your book and look for the positives / thanks for the reminder ! #stayclassymama
Thank you for reading. It doesn’t happen everyday, but it’s good that we try right! x
Congratulations to your friend. Sounds like a good week overall – I think we can all sometimes hold on to the bad and forget the good.
Thank you! So pleased that she is on the mend! Thanks for reading nad commenting! xx
Glad you’ve been able to find some positives :) that’s wonderful. It really can be hard some weeks, or days, to find the sunshine behind the cloud, but so important to look, and often we find that there are lots of good things that we’ve missed because we’ve been so stressed or busy!
Thank you Mrs Teepot! It is important that we stop and reflect sometimes! xx
I am so pleased your friend is cancer-free. That is the best news. Your kids sound like real characters. Love the image of Daisy sat on the toilet. A helpful hubby is a very attractive thing eh? Have a good weekend xx #happydays
Thank you! It definitely was a great week! And yes.. he is rather a gem! Lucky me :) haha
#HappyDaysLinky Sometimes you just have to appreciate the small things and thank the heavens getting through the day. Some lovely moments within this post . My little man is off to school this time
100% Agreed! Good luck with your little man! That’s so exciting! Thank you for reading and commenting!
What a lovely happy list. Getting the boots on and going out in the rain must be so satisfying! He he, laughing about here at your hot laundry man!! Lucky you X #happydays
It truly was Karen! Even I loved it.. Hee hee.. I’m a lucky woman! xx
Ah I love this so much. Bumble Bee sounds like such a cutie! I can’t wait until Bear is able to talk and have empathy for his future brothers/sisters : ). I really needed this post right now, I’m struggling to find the positives today. Currently on the train going back home from a very, very long day at work and I know when I get back my son will be asleep and I won’t get to see his smiling little face until tomorrow morning : (. I think I’m going to write down some positives like you have! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing with #StayClassyMama!
Those long days are the worst. I remember them all to well. Coming in knowing my baby was fast asleep and hadn’t seen me all day! But, you are a working mom doing your best and he will know that someday! Hang in there! xxx
Oh gosh, how amazing that your friend is cancer free! That must top everything! Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x
So so easy to focus on the negatives, so i am glad you managed to find positives. Great news about your friend!! Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x